The Education and Training Center (ETC) is home-based to Voluntary Education, Base Training, Formal Training, Civilian Training Management, and Testing. The ETC offers excellent educational opportunities to military personnel, family members, and civilian employees. On and off-base programs are available, as are a number of other services.
Programs at the ETC include:
- College Classes
- Academic Advising
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Counseling
- Air Force Commissioning Advisement
- Kuder Career Guidance Tools
- USAF/Military Tuition Assistance Guidance
- Higher Education Transition Assistance Program (TAP) Counseling
- Base Training
- Civilian Training Development
- Formal Training
- Testing: WAPS / PME / CDC / DLPT / DLAB / CLEP DDST / AFCT / AFOQT / TBAS / EDPT / OPI / EDPT
Federal Student Aid & Scholarships
87FSS Education & Training Center’s knowledgeable staff can assist you with getting a Federal Student Aid.
The office has compiled Scholarship Listings and Sites so that current/potential students can easily understand and take advantage of what’s available for them. Call our office for more information!
Education and Training Events
- GI Bill 101
- USAF Military Tuition Assistance (MILTA) Briefing
- USAF DoD SkillBridge Program Brief
Self Help Educational Resources
SharePoint - 87FSS > Education Center:
Link requires CAC Access
Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC):
Link requires CAC Access
TA Decide (Search School/Program accepts TA):
Post 9/11 GI Bill Transfer to Family member:
Link requires CAC Access
Apply for VA GI Bill (Veteran/Service Member/Family):
US Dept. of Veterans Affairs
DoD Career Path DECIDE:
College Text Books:
Two-year degree programs are available throughthe Community College of the Air Force. Baccalaureate degree programs are offered through Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Southern Illinois University and Wilmington University. Graduate programs are available from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and Wilmington University.
National Test Center at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
Offering CLEP/DSST (DANTES) Exams,and DL Proctored Exams
Operated, administered, and scheduled by
Thomas Edison State University
Please arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to scheduled exam time.
CLEP and DSST
Exams are administered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays at 10:00am and 1:00pm
CLEP and DSST examinations cover material taught in courses that most students take as requirements in the first two years of college. Many CLEP and DSST examinations are designed to correspond to one-semester courses; some, however, correspond to full-year or two-year courses. Unless stated otherwise in its description, an examination is intended to cover material in a one-semester course.
Thomas Edison State University is not responsible for the CLEP/DSST exams you take that do not fit into your institution's degree plans.
Students are responsible for confirming that the CLEP/DSST exams they take are degree applicable.
When you arrive to take your CLEP or DSST exam, you will be required to produce the following items:
-CLEP registration Ticket (if applicable)
-DSST: 2 valid forms of photo/military ID
-CLEP: 1 valid form of photo/military ID
Remote Proctoring of Exams is available, if you choose.
One Attempt per Exam Title
Military Personnel (Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard)
Army - Marine Corps - Navy - Air Force - US Coast Guard - Army Reserve - Marine Corps Reserve - Navy Reserve - Air Force Reserve - Coast Guard Reserve - Army and Air National Guard
Coast Guard (Active and Reserve)
Air Force (must test at on-base or U.S. fully funded test centers)
CLEP: $90 exam fee (paid on-line during registration) plus $20 administration fee (payable by check or money order at the time of testing) Total $110
DSST: $100 exam fee plus $20 administration fee (payable by check or money order at the time of testing) Total $120
Prepare for exams. Retakes will not be funded.
Distance Learning Proctored Exams
Subject line: Proctor Request
The body of the email requires specific DL Exam Information from your college/university for the Test Examiner; include primary and alternate test date.
Cost: $20 per exam
CCAF Applicable CLEP and DSST (DANTES) Exams
College Composition (with essay)
College Composition Modular (without essay)
Principles of Advanced English Composition
Principles of Public Speaking (Offered ONLY Tuesdays at 1:00PM)
Fundamentals of College Algebra
Principles of Statistics
Math for Liberal Arts
Social Sciences and History
History of the US I: Early Colonization to 1877
History of the US II: 1865 to the Present
Human Growth and Development
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648
Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present
A History of the Vietnam War
The Civil War and Reconstruction
Introduction to Geography
Lifespan Developmental Psychology
History of the Soviet Union
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
French Language (Levels 1 and 2)
German Language (Levels 1 and 2)
Spanish Language (Levels 1 and 2)
Spanish with Writing (levels 1 and 2)
Art of the Western World
Ethics in America
Introduction to World Religions
Introduction to Geology
Principles of Management
Human Resource Management
Principles of Supervision
Other CLEP/DSST Exams Available
(may be applied to Technical or Program Elective)
Introductory Business Law
Principles of Marketing
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Computing & Information Technology
Management Information Systems
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Ethics in Technology
Fundamentsl of Cybersecurity
Introduction to Educational Psychology
Foundations of Education
Fundamental of Counseling
Introduction to Law Enforcement
Health & Human Development
Preparing, Registering, and Scheduling Exams
Study!! Exam retakes are not funded.
Study materials provided at JBMDL Library, 2603 Tuskegee Airmen Ave
Additional online prep resources can be located at:
MWR's Digital Library > Continuing Education > EBSCO Learning Express > Access
Modern States: www.ModernStates.org
- Create an account on the CLEP Registration Portal:
Be sure to update your account to reflect your military status (DANTES Funding) in My Account.
- Register to take an exam through the portal. If payment is required (non-DANTES funded), pay $90 at the time of registration via the portal and present a $20 administration fee (check or money order only) when you report for testing.
- Print the CLEP Registration Ticket
- Remember to contact the NTC Testing Coordinator to schedule your exam via email as detailed below.
Please enter "DSST" or "CLEP" in the subject line and also include your name, email, phone number, the date and time you wish to test, and the exam name.
Emails are only reviewed on examination days and a confirmation email will be sent once you are scheduled.
87 FSS/FSDE Military Testing Services
EPME, Language, WAPS & Various Ancillary Tests
Military Testing Service POC's
Testing Services Room 301:
Mr. Richard Woods
Installation Test Manager / Test Control Officer (TCO)
609.754.2439 / DSN: 650-2439
Testing Services Room 206:
Ms. Corina Torres
Installation Test Control Officer (TCO)
609.754.2260 / DSN: 650-2260
All Tests Except WAPS:
Room 301 Testing
EPME, DLPT, DLAB Test Requests
- To order your test go to your AU SIS account: https://www.airuniversity.af.mil
- Schedule tests in AFVEC Website via the AF Portal
- AFVEC is located under "Career & Training"
- "My Education Record"
- "Online Test Requests"
- "Submit New Requests"
- AFVEC is located under "Career & Training"
- Select Primary and Alternate date/time
OPI, AFCT, and AFRAT Test Requests
- Send email to
- OPI - Must have need to schedule
- AFCT and AFRAT for retraining only
- ASVAB for Enlisted = AFCT
Testing Request Information
EPME, DLPT, and DLAB Test Requests will be processed in the order they are received by date/time in AFVEC
You will receive a system generated email to your AF email address confirming your test appointment within 24 duty hours (3 duty days)
You must make sure your email address is current in AFVEC
AF Reserve & Air National Guard Testing Services
Test requests from AFRC and ANG members, please contact your local ANG and AFRC Test Centers for testing information and coordination.
JBMDL ANG Test Center POC's:
For 177th ANG to request testing with JBMDL ANG, vetting is required by their BETM - Vetting POC's:
JBMDL AF Reserve Test Center Contact Info:
Room 206 Testing
WAPS Priority Feb-June Annually
- All tests require specific request forms and documentation before a test date can be requested/confirmed.
- Test availability can be found on the Military Testing SharePoint (CAC)
- Email test requests to
- Test requests are processed in the order they are received.
- AFOQT, offered 1x a month
- IAW AFMAN 36-2664, Test Priority is Reserved for Active Duty Military @ JBMDL
- Usually booked 1-2 months out and limited number of seats! Plan accordingly.
- TBAS, offered 2x a month
- EDPT, offered 1x a month
- TAPAS, based on TCO availability
- Manpower, offered 1x a month
- ATST, based on TCO availability
- OPI, refer to Room 301 Test Info
Cancellation / Rescheduling
This is an official military appointment. Report in uniform (UOD) with your military ID
To Cancel or Reschedule, notify Military Testing Services no later than 24 hours prior to test appointment via email at
Room 206 Cancellations with less than 24 hour notification may require a unit/CC MFR to reschedule
Military SharePoint Resource Links
Military Testing SharePoint (CAC)
- Military Testing calendar
- Examinee Responsibilities
- AF Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB) AFI (Chapter 3)
- Language Enabled Airmen Program (LEAP)
- AFCT Test Request
- WAPS Study Guides, References, Resources and Monitor Guidance
- AFOQT Official PCSM Test Prep Link
- AFOQT Score Report Link
- TBAS, PCSM Link
- TBAS Score Report
- Test Request Forms/Worksheets
- Test Frequency
- Testing Guidances
New Jersey Defense Manufacturing Community Consortium (NJDMCC)
Pathway Into Manufacturing Careers
Offering training opportunities to veterans and their family members
Supporting service members, veterans & family members on their path into civilian employment through upskilling and placement support. This group of individuals now has access to these nationally recognized professional development and certification programs. Three certifications are available to veterans and their families.
All training costs are covered by the OLDCC. The participating veterans or their family members can take advantage of this program at no cost.
NJMEP partnered with The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) to deliver these nationally recognized credentialing programs.
Using this trusted certification body, all participants and their future employers can be confident the education delivered will be effective and relevant to the requirements in a manufacturing operation.
Certified Logistics Associate (CLA)
- Understand various roles in global supply chain
- Understand logistics environment
- Operate and use equipment
- Practice safety principles
- Practice quality control principles
- Employ work communication practices
- Practice teamwork and good workplace behavior to solve problems
- Use IT systems to increase productivity
Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
Mid-Level (CLA is a pre-requisite for CLT)
- Receive products
- Stock products
- Process product orders
- Prepare packages for shipment
- Maintain control of inventory
- Handle hazardous materials
- Evaluate transportation modes
- Perform dispatch, routing and tracking operations
- Understand U.S. measurements and metric system conversions
Certified Production Technician (CPT)
MSSC Full Certified
- Safety & Employability
- Manufacturing Process & Production
- Quality Practices & Measurement
- Maintenance Awareness
Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC)
America's leader in training and certifying foundational technical competencies for frontline technicians.